Long Term Conditions Reviews
Long Term Conditions Review – New Process from 1st April 2023
We have changed our annual review recall process with effect from 1st April 2023. We hope that this new process will be more efficient for our patients.
How the process will work
We want to give our patients with Long Term Conditions the best outcomes and guidance that we can and to do this we need to ensure that there is an organised process for reviewing patients on an annual basis.
Patients with Long Term Conditions will be invited for their annual review within the month or month prior to their birthday. This may mean that during the first year you are invited for your annual review twice within the same calendar year or even within a couple of months.
The practice years run from April to March therefore if your birthday is in April and you have already had your annual review for the year 22-23 in January, February, or March, you will be invited again for your annual review in April.
Please help us to help you by making an appointment in order that we can align reviews for the following years.
This process means that you will know when you are due to have an annual review and so will the practice team.
Patients can have more than one long term condition. We are aiming for all conditions to be reviewed within one annual review process; however, this may mean that you need to attend more than one appointment, particularly if you need Blood Tests.
This process ensures that you are attending the surgery when you need to and that we are not asking you to attend the surgery unnecessarily.
Long Term Conditions include:
- Respiratory Disease – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Heart Disease – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Stroke – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Diabetes – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Kidney Disease – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- High Blood Pressure – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Mental Health Problems – Your review will be with a practice nurse
- Cancer - – Your review will be with a doctor
- Depression - – Your review will be with a doctor
Please Note these reviews are in addition to any hospital clinics you attend for your conditions.
- Your first invite will be in your birthday month via letter, telephone, or text - you will be contacted on two occasions throughout the year if you do not respond to the previous invites. (Example texts and letters)
- You will arrange a Blood Test appointment with our Health Care Assistant
- A Practice Nurse appointment will be arranged with you, for when your blood results are available. (A doctor’s appointment for cancer or depression reviews)
- You will have your review and your Blood Pressure, Height, Weight, and Lifestyle will be reviewed - If during your review the nurse feels you need to be seen more frequently than annually you will be advised of this during your appointment i.e., those with Diabetes.
Your annual review is an extremely important part of your care and therefore it is imperative we have all your details correct for us to contact you.
If you need to update your details, please ask one of our receptionists for details on how to do this.